A Digital Medicine Company
DigitalRehab srl is aDigital Medicine Company devoted to the research, development and marketing of Digital Rehabilitation solutions based on research and development, able to improve the health of patients with motor or cognitive impairments.
Who we are
DigitalRehab srl was founded in May 2021 by a group of researchers, physicians, physiotherapists, entrepreneurs with the common vision to contribute to the digital transformation of health and medicine through innovative solutions to rehabilitate people with impaired motor or cognitive skills.
Our Digital Rehabilitation systems, characterised by the use of innovative technologies and constant research and development, are :
- based on research and development;
- driven by data generated by the individual patient;
- customised to each patient.
DigitalRehab srl, as a socially responsible company towards the country, is committed to support the digital transformation of European medicine and healthcare by sharing – through information to citizens, training of patients and healthcare professionals, support to research activities of master students, involvement in conferences and study groups – its knowledge, expertise and experience.
In order to achieve the objectives of research, information and training, DigitalRehab srl is partnering with universities, media companies and enterprises, through collaboration agreements and networks.
To transform the delivery of motor and cognitive rehabilitation with Digital Rehabilitation systems prescribed by the physiatrist and supervised by the physiotherapist, providing the patient with easier access, more engaging and prolonged exercise, research-backed effectiveness and data-driven clinical outcomes.
Digital Rehabilitation prescribed by the physiatrist and supervised by the physiotherapist is the first motor and cognitive rehabilitation option offered to patients with impaired functional capacity.
Participatory Development, which includes patients in the design process to gain their input into the development of Digital Rehabilitation systems, due to their direct experience with specific diseases and treatments. Patients are invited to share ideas, opinions and views on their design by participating in regular meetings with other team members (doctors, engineers, others).
The technology behind our Digital Rehabilitation solutions is based on the use of sensorised clothing and serious games that offer an immersive experience.
Ethical principles and values
We are committed to following the following ethical standards-drawn from, but not necessarily limited to, the Digital Therapeutics Alliance’s DTx Industry Code of Ethics-in the design, evaluation, and deployment of our digital medicine devices:
- Demonstrate a commitment to patient safety. Do no harm. Place patient safety at the center as a critical factor in all decision making.
- Develop interventions that improve quality of care, clinical outcomes, and quality of life. Develop products that result in improved care delivery and clinical outcomes for patients, caregivers, and the health care system.
- Protect patients’ rights to privacy, consent and knowledge of data use. Be transparent and accountable about how patient-generated data is used, stored and shared. Selling de-identified or de-identified patient data without explicit patient knowledge and consent is prohibited.
- Directly align the product definition, claims, benefits and risks with the results of all analytical and clinical evaluations. The stated intended use of the product and the target clinical association must reflect the evidence generated to develop the product profile. DTx products must not make claims that exceed what is supported by the analytical and clinical evidence.
- Make claims consistent with the status of the product within any applicable regulations. Do not make direct or indirect claims that go beyond regulatory and legal boundaries established by local authorities.
- Ensure that credible evidence supporting product claims and results is readily available to patients, health care providers, physicians, and payers. Make all trial results public and available, including clinically meaningful outcomes on the stated primary endpoint.
- Introduce products to the market in a responsible manner. Respect the end user. Align with DTx industry principles and best practices. Be clear about product features, expected results and limitations with stakeholders. Demonstrate a commitment to continuously test product usability, accessibility, sustainability, and reliability.
- Verify that products perform as intended and meet stated requirements. Commit to continuous quality and content improvement through the generation, analysis, and application of real-world results, product performance data, and end-user feedback.
- Ensure that product security, data, and functionality are not compromised. Build an internal culture that prioritizes data protection and prevention of security compromise.
- Maintain a culture of quality and organizational excellence.
- Prioritize business sustainability and human resources to sustain products through each stage of their life cycle and create long-term value and stability.
The Working Team
— CEO & co-founder
CEO and co-founder of the company, a physician with specialties in General Surgery and Applied Pharmacology. Former Medical and Scientific Director of GlaxoSmithKline and co-founder of daVinci Digital Therapeutics, the first innovative startup in Italy operating in the R&D of digital therapies and of daVi DigitalMedicine, innovative R&D startup of digital medicine devices, and member of the Italian Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine – SIMFER.
Physiotherapist with 20 years of experience. As CTO of the company, he coordinates all phases related to the technical development of the final version of Aureha, working closely with technical partner Turingsense Eu Lab and third parties involved in the development, certification and commercialization phases.
Silvia Sciamanna and Camilla Larini
— Biomedical engineers
Biomedical engineers, active in product R&D for the design of digital therapeutics for rehabilitation. In particular, they are involved in the development of user interfaces, testing phases, support activities for alignment and communication between the parties involved in software and hardware development, and coordination activities for the development of technical documents critical for obtaining CE certification.